We all enjoy a little bit a naughty food from time to time. We can however still have a tasty pizza without the fat that comes with the popular take-aways.
BROCCOLI PIZZA CRUST
- 1 small head of broccoli about 2-3 cups riced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning optional find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR37XPao3ZQ795MOXtlNyP_MyG2DNH9kgbFh4azPtBJyd8zz1XxWN3kmWZs
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup cheese
- veggies optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (highly recommend) or grease with olive oil; set aside.
- Process the broccoli in a food processor or shred with a cheese grater until the broccoli is the same consistency as rice.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and micorwave for 1-2 minute or until it is steamed. Cool for at least one minute then pour broccoli on a clean washcloth and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the broccoli until you are left with a dry ball of broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, eggs, cheeses, and seasoning with a spoon until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into the pre-lined baking sheet and shape into a pizza crust, 1/2 inch thick/ 2.5 cm.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and add the pizza sauce and cheese. At this point feel free to add desired toppings (veggies or meat).
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. Cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrients in original
- 1 boneless chicken breast pounded flat if thick.
- Ginger, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning (find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR37XPao3ZQ795MOXtlNyP_MyG2DNH9kgbFh4azPtBJyd8zz1XxWN3kmWZs), to taste
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/chutney-etc/?fbclid=IwAR0B6JbJmuEP3PqD9_AmTs3-nkab39PuGRJTlLjPLdJAXC2v8FkwrDrcmEU
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 thin green pepper rings
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Season the chicken with seasonings.
- Grill the chicken.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms and pepper rings in olive oil until slightly tender, but not mushy; set aside.
- Spread the sauce over the chicken, then top with the pepper rings, mushrooms and then finally, the cheese. Sprinkle with a little additional Italian seasoning, if desired.
- Bake at 350ºF/185ºC about 10-15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve at once.
Makes 1 serving
Can be frozen but the peppers will get soft
Per Serving: 310 Calories; 16 g Fat; 36 g Protein; 3 g Carbohydrate; 1 g Dietary Fiber; 2 g
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2–1 cup no sugar added pizza sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- ginger, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (204° C).
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise, about 1/4-1/3 inches / 1 cm thick. Brush or rub a little olive oil on each side of the eggplant slices and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking stone. Sprinkle with ginger and pepper. Place in oven for 7-10 minutes, or until eggplant is hot and starting to cook down.
- Meanwhile in a stoneware fry pan, add 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion until soft (about 3-4 minutes). Season with ginger and pepper. Add pizza sauce and spinach to the fry pan and cook for 1-2 additional minutes until mixture is warm and spinach has wilted.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the oven, top each with the onion and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped oregano. Place in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately with more fresh oregano and crushed red pepper.
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Sugar: 15 g
Sodium: 791 mg
Fat: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 17 g
- 6 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1Lb / 450 g minced meat of choice
- 3/4 Cup low carb Pizza Sauce sauce find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/recipes/chicken/healthy-pizza/?fbclid=IwAR0q-yIgpaGLHW5TzAd-jtX5l_lhM_OvnWRX4DZLM2TvqykMZbjB_vJlZss
- 2 Cup Mozzarella shredded + low moisture
- 1/2 Cup Onion sliced
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 Cup Black Olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan)/350°F/gas 4.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini, then cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out most of the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch/ 5mm thick wall — do this with a spoon.
- Drizzle zucchinis with olive oil, and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake zucchinis in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes, or until they’re tender to your liking. Use a fork to check doneness.
- Meanwhile, cook the minced meat in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Break the meat into small pieces with the back of your spoon as it cooks.
- Once cooked, remove meat to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess grease.
- Remove zucchini from oven and bring oven to a grill.
- Dab any accumulated water/oil from the centre of the cooked zucchinis.
- Add pizza sauce to the zucchinis, followed by the meat, cheese, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and olives.
- Bake until the cheese is golden brown and melted — items will burn easily at this temp, so keep a close eye. Bake for 3-5 minutes.
- Cover with fresh herbs and allow pizzas to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition of original
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 1052mg | Potassium: 904mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1190IU | Vitamin C: 55.8mg | Calcium: 243mg | Iron: 2.2mg
ZUCCHINI PIZZA BITES
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1/2 cup low carb pizza or tomato sauce find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/recipes/chicken/healthy-pizza/?fbclid=IwAR0q-yIgpaGLHW5TzAd-jtX5l_lhM_OvnWRX4DZLM2TvqykMZbjB_vJlZss
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- pizza toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 450°F/ 220 -230°C. Line a baking pan with foil and set aside.
- Slice Zucchini 1/4″/ 5 mm thick and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Top zucchini slices with pizza sauce, oregano, cheese and your favourite pizza toppings.
- Bake 5 min or until zucchini is tender. Broil 5 min or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Calories: 145 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 1g |
Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 0.8mg
- Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Ginger and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/chutney-etc/?fbclid=IwAR0B6JbJmuEP3PqD9_AmTs3-nkab39PuGRJTlLjPLdJAXC2v8FkwrDrcmEU
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- About a ½ cup of meat (cooked ground beef, chicken etc.) optional
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sliced fresh basil or parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (204° C).
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Scrub mushrooms with a vegetable brush and carve out the stem with a small sharp knife and remove the insides of the mushroom caps. You now have hollow mushroom caps.
- Dry the mushrooms with paper towels and place them on the baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, and sprinkle with ginger and pepper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Drain any liquid that may have accumulated in the mushrooms and pat them dry again with paper towels.
- Stuff the mushrooms with sauce, mozzarella cheese and meat (if using) and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano and red pepper.
- Bake for about another 10 minutes-until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with the rest of the grated parmesan cheese, chopped basil and or parsley.
- Nutrition values in original
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
- 680 grams cauliflower (florets)
- 1 1/2 parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 egg (large)
- [Optional] 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- [Optional] 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR3hvBlQtzdqc4jY_Q4PowMk72mmmsQLzgo4h7uWEkz_I74tjyzpL5-UE3o
- Set the oven to 400° F (200° C) and place a piece of parchment paper over a pizza peel if you are using a pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Make cauliflower rice by processing cauliflower florets in a food processor and add the other ingredients.
- Roll out on the parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and cook until it forms a soft crust.
- Rove from the oven. Top with your favourite toppings and return to the oven until cooked.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chilli sauce find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/chutney-etc/?fbclid=IwAR1b6OT4X_b7ZjKBzzO7tnVVcFoBUkSTxbWf_lSVEGiV5dDB6JREJW1ngwM
- dried parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/185° C .
- Spray a baking pan with olive oil spray
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the parsley, into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade. Blend until it resembles a smooth, thick cheese dip.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape all the batter into your prepared baking pan. Use the spatula to smooth the batter to the edges, evenly across the pan.
- Place the pan in the centre of the preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes, until the bread is set and lightly golden brown across the top.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the top with dried parsley to garnish. Place the pan on a cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Finish cooling in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the refrigerator. Run a spatula along the edges of the pan to loosen the bread.
- Lift the bread out of the pan, and place paper side up on a clean cutting surface.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the bread in half the short way, then cut each half into 6 long strips.
Nutrition of original in original
PIZZA ROLL UP
11 slices of mozzarella cheese
Your favourite pizza topping
Italian seasoning, find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR3hvBlQtzdqc4jY_Q4PowMk72mmmsQLzgo4h7uWEkz_I74tjyzpL5-UE3o
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
2 Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place sliced cheese on parchment paper to avoid any sticking. Put in the oven for 6 minutes or until cheese slices start to brown around the edges. Remove from the oven.
3 Sprinkle Italian seasoning on melted cheese and add as little or as much of the topping as you would like.
4 Give the cheese about 2 minutes to cool, then gently roll them up and serve.
Nutritional Information of rollup (original)
Yield: 11, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75, Total Carbohydrates: 0, Fibre: 0, Sugar Alcohols: 0, Net Carbohydrates: 0, Total Fat: 5, Protein: 8
QUICK EGGPLANT PARMY
1 large eggplant
1 tbsp. olive oil + ½ tbsp.
1 cup (240ml) no added salt tomato passata
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
2-3 handfuls spinach
¾ cup (75g) shredded mozzarella cheese
1-2 tsp. oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise, about 1 cm thick. Rub 1 tbsp. olive oil on each side of the eggplant slices and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper — season with ginger and pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a fry pan, heat the remaining ½ tbsp. olive oil. Add in the garlic and onion, and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until soft — season with ginger and pepper.
- Next, add in the tomato passata and spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the oven, and top each with the tomato sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and oregano. Place in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
- 1 medium head of home-grown cauliflower or 5-6 cups of homemade cauliflower rice
- 1 omega-3 egg, large
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese, grated/shredded
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning recipe found here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/
- Preheat oven to 375 F/ 190 C and line a baking try with baking paper or similar.
- Rinse cauliflower, remove the outer leaves, separate into florets and chop into smaller pieces. Process in a food processor in 2 batches, until “rice” texture forms. Transfer cauliflower rice on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove cooked cauliflower rice from the oven, transfer to a bowl lined with a double/triple layered cheesecloth or linen towel and let cool for 5 minutes. Then squeeze the liquid out of the ball (cauliflower inside the cheesecloth) as hard as you can. Be patient and do this a few times until barely any liquid comes out.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 F/ 230 C. In a bowl whisk the egg with Italian seasoning, ginger and pepper for 10 seconds. Add cheese and squeezed cauliflower; mix very well with spatula until combined.
- Line same baking sheet with new parchment paper or similiar (just make sure to scrape off any bits of cauliflower) and spray with cooking spray. Transfer “dough” in the middle and flatten with your hands until thin pizza crust forms.
- Bake for 20 minutes, carefully flip with spatula and bake for a few more minutes. Top with your favourite toppings and bake again until cheese on top turns golden brown. Slice and enjoy.
Adapted from https://ifoodreal.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust/
Here is my Healthy Pizza.
- Any of my bread mixes. (See breads)
- Two large pizza dishes
- Leggos Tomato Paste – No Added Salt.
- Any fresh vegetables from the garden or left overs.
- Albacore or a strong tasting oily fish. (Many fish like flathead will get lost in this pizza.)
- Herbs and spices to taste including pepper and chili
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of milk.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Put the bread mix including the water in the bread maker. Mine has a dough option 8.
- when the dough cycle has finished, tip out on a lightly floured board and rollout into a cylinder. I use my hands lightly floured.
- Cut into four quarters.
- Place one quarter into each of the trays which should be lightly oiled with olive oil.
- The remaining dough can be fashioned into dinner rolls and cooked with the pizza
- With a lightly floured rolling pin roll out to cover the base of the trays.
- Use the back of a large spoon to cover the dough with the tomato paste.
- Cut up your vegetables and place on the pizza.
- Add your herbs etc.
10.Repeat with the albacore.
11. Mix the egg whites and milk together with a betting action until a thick paste is formed.
12. Pour over the pizza.
13. Place in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes to allow the bread mix to again rise. (I use the oven which has not been turned on.
14. Turn on the oven, set 180 C cook for 30-40 minutes.
15. Cut into wedges and enjoy
My man size pull apart dinner rolls
Left over meat, chicken or even fish can be used in your pizza instead of the albacore.
Sardines, anchovies, mackerel can also be used. (If you catch your own mackerel, be certain you bleed them as soon as you catch them, place them in fresh clean sea water and change until fully bled.)
I find this tasty enough and I do not miss the cheese but if you have to have cheese try Cottage, Ricotta or Philadelphia.
Texs Score card
|Contains no||Score / 10 Higher the better||Comment|
|Fibre||10||If you used my no sugar bread base I hold to these scores|
HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE
Prep Time 30min
Total Time 2hr45min
SERVING SIZE 20
- 2 kg whole tomatoes, fresh from the garden if possible
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 kg chopped mushrooms
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp dried basil or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
- ¾ tsp dried thyme or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
- ¾ tsp dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
- 1 ¾ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. no added salt tomato paste
- Chop the tomatoes, reserving any juice.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes (and any juice), basil, thyme, oregano, ginger, and pepper, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until thickened to the consistency of pizza sauce, about 2 hours. Taste and season with additional ginger and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender, add tomato paste and blend until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.)
Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months. Use in moderation on a healthy pizza or in soups and stews.
DIABETIC FRIENDLY PIZZA
2 whole wheat pizza base
4 egg whites (cottage cheese can be mixed with these if you require more dairy in your diet.)
For the pizza sauce
2 tsp olive oil
2 bay leaves
6 black peppercorns
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup capsicum, finely chopped
1/4 cup tomatoes, blanched and finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh tomato pulp
Ginger to taste
For the topping:
6 tomato slices
2 tbsp capsicum, chopped
2 tbsp spinach, blanched and chopped
3 tbsp mushrooms, blanched and sliced
6 sun-dried tomatoes , soaked and drained
1 tbsp black olives, chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
For the pizza sauce
Heat the oil in a broad stone ware pan, add the bay leaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium heat for a few seconds.
Add the garlic and onions and sauté on medium heat for one minute.
Add the oregano and capsicum and sauté on medium heat for another minute.
Add the tomatoes, tomato pulp, ginger and two tbsp of water, mix well and cook on medium heat for two to three minutes..
Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaves and peppercorns.
Divide the sauce into two equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
Place a pizza base on a flat, dry surface and spread one portion of the pizza sauce over it.
Arrange 3 tomato slices, sprinkle 1 tbsp of capsicum, 1 tbsp of spinach, 1½ tbsp mushrooms, 3 sun-dried tomatoes, ½ tbsp black olives and ½ tsp of garlic evenly over it. Top with half the eggs whites beaten well.
Repeat for the second Pizza.
Pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the pizza base is crisp.
Cut into four equal wedges and serve immediately.
For those days when you have to have bacon
- 200 g freshly podded or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 1 small clove of garlic
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil , (15g)
- 15 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 150 g whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 rasher of the leanest bacon you can find.
- olive oil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 100 g fat-free natural yoghurt
- Put a pan of boiling water on the heat for your pasta, dunk a sieve containing the peas into the water for just 30 seconds, then put aside, leaving the pan on the heat.
- Very lightly toast the almonds in a dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, then blitz until fine in a food processor.
- With the processor still running, peel and drop in the garlic, a pinch of ginger, the basil leaves, the finely and the lemon juice. Blitz until it comes together, then pulse in the peas, to try and keep a bit of texture.
Cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the packet instructions.
Whisk the egg and yoghurt together well. When the pasta’s done, reserving a mugful of cooking water, drain the pasta and toss straight into the pea pan, mixing well, then take the pan off the heat (this is very important, otherwise the egg will scramble when you add it, and we don’t want that).
- Pour in the egg mixture and toss until evenly coated, silky and creamy, loosening with cooking water if needed.
Taste and season to perfection, and serve topped with the remaining pea mixture and the crispy bacon. It might be skinny, but it’s beautifully light and delicious. Enjoy!
MUSHROOM AND ZUZZHINI PIZZA
- 2 large wholemeal pita bread
- 300 g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 60g bocconcini cheese, torn (cottage cheese can also be used)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 50g almonds, unsalted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C (200C if fan forced).
- To make the pesto, in a mortar and pestle, pound all of the pesto ingredients together until it is smooth and well combined.
- Place the pita bread onto a baking tray, covered with a piece of baking paper.
- Spoon the pesto mixture across the bases of the pizza, leaving about 1cm of spare space from the edge of the pita.
- Arrange the mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes and onion on top of the pizza and top with some bocconcini balls and fresh basil leaves.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes or until the pita pizzas are brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with a garden salad.
PIZZA PARATHA (Stuffed Vegetable Cheese Paratha)
Everyone enjoy pizza. Pizza has become a universal food enjoyed by all. Pizza paratha is perfect for the times when you want to enjoy homemade pizza. This is also quick and easy recipe. Personalize your pizza with your favorite toppings. You can serve this for lunch, snack, or especially good for kids lunch box. This is also my grandkids favorite.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings 2 people
For Paratha Dough NB1
1 cup whole wheat flour or you favorite flour
1/2 tsp yeast
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup lukewarm water (use as needed)
1-1/2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp chili flakes (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/2 tsp dry oregano
1/2 cup bell pepper (finely chopped)
1/2 cup mushrooms (finely chopped)
1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped, adjust to taste)
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (for rolling the paratha)
2 Tbsp. olive of oil (to cook parathas)
In a bowl mix the flour, yeast and oil, add the water as needed to make soft and pliable dough. Cover the dough and set aside for about one hour. (This should make a sough dough like base)
Squeeze the chopped bell peppers to remove the extra water.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients for filling, bell pepper, mushrooms tomato paste, chili flakes, basil, oregano, jalapeno, and cheese, mix it well.
Knead the dough and divide in two equal parts. Roll each part of the dough in smooth ball.
Roll one part of the dough into about six-inch diameter, use dry flour as needed to roll.
Place half a cup of filling in the center. Pull the edges of the dough to wrap it around the filling, making sure it is covered from all around.
Meanwhile heat the skillet/stoneware fry pan on medium low heat, skillet should not be very hot, otherwise paratha will not cook through. Heavy skillet works best.
Lightly sprinkle the dry flour on the surface you will roll the paratha. Press the filled patty lightly from both sides, with your fingers. Now using a rolling pin, roll the paratha about eight-inch in diameter. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling surface, lightly dust the parathas with dry flour.
Oil the skillet generously, and place the paratha on the skillet. Cook the paratha for 2-3 minutes and flip the paratha. Paratha should be golden brown. It is important to cook paratha on low heat.
Again brush the paratha with oil all around and flip it again in about 2 minutes. Paratha should be golden brown both sides for crispness. Paratha should take about five minutes to cook nicely.
Take out the pizza paratha place on a wire rack to keep them from getting soggy.
You can make these pizza parathas in any combinations of filling. When I make for my grandkids I don’t add any peppers.
NB1 some may prefer a base of eggs.
This looks like it would a great pizza base.
JEERA PARATHA RECIPE
1 hour 10 mins
1 hour 25 mins
Jeera Paratha Recipe – A tasty cumin flavored Indian flat-bread recipe that goes well with yogurt raitas and daals.
Author: Gopi Patel (Adapted)
Recipe type: Breakfast
For Making Dough
Whole Wheat flour 2 cups with ¼ tsp dried yeast
Jeera (cumin seeds) 2 tsp
Olive Oil 1 tbsp.
Water1 cup or as needed
For Making Jeera Paratha
Olive Oil 6 tbsp.
Dry whole wheat flour 1 tbsp.
Red chili powder1 tbsp. (optional)
In a mixing bowl take whole wheat flour, yeast, add cumin seeds, olive oil and water.
Mix well all the ingredients.
Once everything is mixed add water as required and knead dough.
After the dough is kneaded rest it for about 1 hour.
Now divide paratha dough and make small lemon size balls.
With the help of the rolling pin roll the small ball into small 4-5 inch diameter.
Apply oil, dry whole wheat flour and red chili powder and fold into half and again apply oil and fold to forms a small triangle.
Repeat the steps for remaining dough balls and make triangles and keep aside.
Now carefully roll all the triangle into round paratha.
Heat a flat bottom non-stick pan or tawa and place the paratha on it.
When you see bubble start coming on top flip the paratha to the other side.
Apply oil on top and again flip the paratha cook properly on both side till golden brown.
Jeera paratha is ready. Server it with veg jaipuri, palak daal or boondi raita or onion tomato raita.