- 500 g Chicken breast blended or Chicken mince (0 g Carbs)
- 95 g Spring Onion (4.4 g Carbs)
- 50 g Parmesan, grated Perfect Italiano Extra sharp 4 (0 g Carbs)
- 1 Egg, Large, free range 700 g (0.7 g Carbs)
- 1 Teaspoon, garlic powder (3.7 g Carbs)
- 14 g Nutritional yeast. (2.8 g Carbs)
- Avocado oil, Grove brand. Or other.
*TOTAL CARBS PER MEATBALL MIX- 11.6 g Carbs/20 balls = 0.6 g Carbs each.
VEG (per serve)
- 30 g Broccolini (2.2 g Carbs)
- 70 g Cauliflower (1.4 g Carbs)
- *TOTAL CARBS VEG- 3.6 g Carbs.
- 20 g Tomato pesto. (0.9 g Carbs)
- 20 ml Thickened cream. (0.6 g Carbs)
- *TOTAL CARBS SAUCE- 1.5 g carbs
- Blend cut up chicken breast and spring onion. Add to blender garlic powder.
- In a bowl add blended mixture with remaining meatball ingredients.
- Roll into balls and place on a chopping board. (They will be moist, so gently roll)
- Add small amount of oil to fry pan on stove. Heat the pan before adding balls.
- Add ball in about 2-3 batches, so that you have plenty of room to turn them.
- When done, place them in oven just on ‘keep warm’, while you prepare veg & sauce.
- Use microwave steamer to do veg.
- Mix sauce ingredients and heat for 2 x 40 seconds.
MEXICAN FIESTA TACO TURKEY BURGER
16 oz raw 95% to 97% fat free ground turkey or homemade omega-3 chicken mince
1/2 cup chopped green peppers (1 Green)
1/2 cup chopped red peppers (1 Green)
1 tbsp taco seasoning mix find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR0SYHmpOgMtBKyqZyzCYpychtP1iVJDwrB7N8Ze5yFXZG8ln2StQqgGN9w
Dash of Tabasco sauce
3 oz sliced avocado
4 tbsp guacamole find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/diabetic-friendly-dips/?fbclid=IwAR3rKHZyKKt68Q01KGBEcVnuHUOCs8jxWpxX05cOyAFiprbFqlDbtjyE550
- Place ground turkey, green peppers, red peppers, taco seasoning mix, and Tabasco sauce into a mixing bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Form into 2 large patties or 4 smaller patties.
- Once formed, grill your burgers.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Top with avocado or guacamole.
- Serve with steamed green vegetables.
- Water 2 Cups
- Omega-3 Chicken boneless cubes 500g
- Bund gobhi (Cabbage) shredded 400g
- Gajar (Carrot) grated 250g
- Matar (Peas) ½ Cup
- Olive oil 3-4 tbs
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed 1 & ½ tbs
- Hari mirch (Green chillies) chopped 2 tbs
- Lehsan (Garlic) chopped 1 & ½ tbs
- Adrak (Ginger) chopped 1 tbs
- Kary pata (Curry leaves) 6-8
- Maida (All-purpose flour) ½ Cup (optional)
- Kali mirch (Black pepper) crushed 1 tbs
- Masala powder ½ tbs find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
Anday (Eggs) whisked 2
- Breadcrumbs 1 Cup or as required
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a wok, add water and heat it.
- Add chicken boneless cubes and bring it to boil, remove scum and boil chicken until tender (approx. 12-15 minutes) then strain & let it cool.
- Shred chicken with the help of the hands & set aside.
- In the same wok, add cabbage, carrots and peas, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes & set aside.
- In a wok, add olive oil, cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add all-purpose flour if using, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cooked vegetable and mix well.
- Add black pepper crushed, masala powder and mix well.
- Add boiled & shredded chicken, mix well and cook until mixture dries up & let it cool.
- Take a mixture and make kababs of equal sizes (makes 22-24).
- Now dip into beaten eggs and coat in breadcrumbs.
- In frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry kabab from both sides until golden. (These can also be steamed in a steamer.
- Can be stored in freezer for up to 1 month.
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEETBALLS
- 500 g lean ground chicken make your own if possible, from omega-3 chicken white meat.
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (multigrain breadcrumbs or use an extra egg.)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 small can crushed tomatoes or make your own from fresh if possible
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F 180 C. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ground chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, ginger and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions, form into balls and place on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large stoneware fry pan set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, oregano, ginger and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, bring the sauce to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley and basil.
- Nestle the meatballs into the sauce and spoon sauce over to coat the meatballs.
- Serve over zucchini noodles with other steamed vegetables.
|Serving Size||2 meatballs + 3/4 cup sauce|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 336.2 cal Calories from fat 108|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12.5g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.4g||30%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
CHICKEN SHEPHERD PIE WITH CAULIFLOWER TOPPING
- 1 cauliflower head, broken into florets
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Kg lean skinless ground chicken, (make your own if possible.)
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 omega-3 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). oil a medium baking dish.
- Fill a large stock pot halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain. Mash with a potato masher or immersion blender and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- In a large stoneware fry pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the carrot, celery, onion, and garlic until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and cook, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned. Season with ginger and pepper. Add the egg and stir to combine. Add the broth and cook until it just starts to simmer. Turn off the heat.
- Spread the chicken mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the mashed cauliflower, smoothing with a spoon to press evenly over the chicken. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is brown and bubbly.
Nutrition info OF ORIGINAL (1 piece) Calories: 260; Total fat: 17 g; Saturated fat: 5 g; Cholesterol: 69 mg; Sodium: 341 mg; Carbs: 9 g; Fibre: 3 g; Sugar: 3 g; Protein: 18 g
BASIL CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ kg lean ground omega 3 chicken
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lightly beaten omega 3 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Ginger and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F/220 C. Mist a large baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a steamer basket over simmering water to medium, steam baby spinach until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool, squeeze out water and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine lean ground chicken, minced garlic cloves, lightly beaten large egg, whole-grain bread crumbs, crumbled feta cheese, finely chopped fresh basil leaves, ginger and fresh ground black pepper, to taste, and spinach; mix well to combine. Use your hands to form mixture into 12 balls.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and no longer pink inside
- Serve with steamed vegetables or a salad.
1.1 kg ground chicken. This may contain fat and parts of the chicken that contain high Cholesterol. It is better to make your own chicken mince by either buying boneless chicken and chopping it finely or asking your butcher to mince it for you. 500g Finely chopped chicken breast or lean beef, lean pork, fin fish, veal, venison or other lean game meat can be used.
2. 2 tablespoons chopped onion
3. 1 large tomato finely chopped
4. 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or parsley paste can be used.
5. 1 tablespoon ginger paste. (this can be used to replace salt.)
6. pepper to taste
7. 1 clove garlic, minced (to taste).
8. 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
9. 2 egg whites, whisked with milk.
10. Zest of half a lemon
11. Herbs and spices to taste.
12. Oat meal.
Preheat oven to 400F, 180 C setting rack to upper third part of oven.
In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 11 ingredients. Add the oatmeal slowly until you can form the mixture into ball. Shape into balls (somewhere between golf and tennis)
I rolled mine in a dish wit Curry Power Cumin Seed Ground, Cinnamon, Mixed spices, Ginger and Nutmeg. (You use spices to taste.)
Place a few inches from each other on a baking paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes turn after 15 minutes.
I cooked mine with other vegetables and served with steamed greens and sweet corn.
This can also be swerved with pasta, or cooked with a vegetable curry.
Cooked rice can also be added to the mix.
- 1 small punt of button mushrooms
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 500 gms boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (omega-3 or freerange)
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- Assemble kabobs by placing mushrooms, onions, peppers, and chicken on each skewer.
- Brush all sides of kabobs with dressing.
- Grill kabobs over medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.