Preparation time: 10 minutes minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
200g lean pork fillet, thinly sliced
3 celery sticks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
4 cups Salt Reduced Beef Stock
3 cups cous cous
1 tsp dried sage or oregano leaves
1/2 cup pitted prunes, roughly chopped
200g baby beans, cut into bite size pieces
200g baby spinach leaves
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook pork until well browned. Stir in celery and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add stock and bring to the boil. Stir in cous cous, sage, prunes, beans and spinach.
3. Remove from heat and stand 5 minutes. Toss with a fork and serve.
Serve with a side salad. Add a dollop of low fat natural yoghurt if desired.
CHINESE CAULIFLOWER PORK FRIED RICE
- 5 g olive oil
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 22 g pork cooked and diced
- 55 g green beans chopped
- 2 small baby carrots chopped
- 640 g cauliflower rice pre-cooked
- 1 piece green onion sliced (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large fry pan or wok. Add beaten egg. Cook and scramble until cooked. Remove cooked egg from pan and set aside.
- Add additional 2 tablespoons oil to pan. Stir fry ginger and garlic for a minute or two until fragrant. Add in pork, green beans, and baby carrots. Sauté for 2-5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower rice. Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes. Toss in egg and stir-fry for an additional minute.
Nutrition of original
Serving: 1 cup | Calories: 123 | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 95 mg | Sodium: 610 mg | Potassium: 403 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 245 IU | Vitamin C: 52.7 mg | Calcium: 43 mg | Iron: 1.2 mg
Net Carbs: 5 g | % Carbs: 16.7 % | % Protein: 23.3 % | % Fat: 60 % |
This and other stir fry recipes can be found here.
• 1.5 KG lean pork shoulder (any lean meat can be used)
• Chopped onions
• Chopped Jalapeños
• Mexican Chili Powder
• Pollo seasoning NB1
• Lime Juice
• Orange zest
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
Serve with steamed vegetables.
NB1 Pollo seasoning
· ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
· ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
· ½ Tsp. Cumin
· ¼ Tsp. Oregano
MOROCCAN STLE CHICKEN
Works well with ant lean meat.
½ Kg Skinless chicken
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs coriander
1 tbs ground cinnamon
¼ cup Greek yoghurt
2 tbs lemon rind
2 tbs lemon juice
1 ½ cups couscous
1 ½ cup boiling water
½ cup dried currants NB1
¼ cup finely cut coriander leaves.
Teamed with home grown cucumber salad.
- Marinate the chicken in the ingredients listed above for at least 20 minutes. Overnight is better.
- Cook the Couscous in the boiling water as per instructions on the pack.
- Add the currents and coriander leaves at the last moment.
- Cook the chicken on the BBQ.
NB 1 some diabetics may find these effect their sugar. If so leave them out.