- Boneless omega-3 chicken – 500 gm
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
For the tempering:
- Onion paste – 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Red chilly sauce – 2 tsp find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/chutney-etc/?fbclid=IwAR3lOuSDNBxvmzmQ2mB4FxPg-Wqmd598B_78ZmgtJ5AfZ-HHOQ2nas9BKcE
- Green chilly sauce – 1 tsp tsp find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/chutney-etc/?fbclid=IwAR3lOuSDNBxvmzmQ2mB4FxPg-Wqmd598B_78ZmgtJ5AfZ-HHOQ2nas9BKcE
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – handful
- Ginger juliennes (few strands) for garnishing
- Olive oil
- Whisk the egg with ginger garlic paste and pepper powder.
- Add the chicken pieces into it and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat ample amount of oil in a fry pan and deep fry the marinated chicken. Strain them and keep aside.
- Now in another pan, heat some oil and add the ginger paste, followed by the garlic paste.
- Then add the onion paste and sauté till golden brown.
- Now add rest of the things mentioned in the ingredients.
- Stir and add little water and cook till thick.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces and coat them well.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and ginger julienne, serve.
PEPPER CHICKEN & EGGS
Boneless omega-3 chicken (diced) – 200 g
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Pepper powder – 2 tbsp
Chopped onion – 2
Chopped tomatoes – 2
Red chilly powder – 1/4 th tsp
Masala powder – 1/4 th tsp find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Shahi jeera (black cumin)- 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 12
Cardamom – 2
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Boiled eggs – 3
1. Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, half the amount of ginger garlic paste and half of the pepper powder.
2. Now heat a fry pan with olive oil. Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom followed by Shahi jeera.
3. Add the curry leaves and then the chopped onions.
4. Fry to golden brown and then add the rest of the ginger garlic paste.
5. Sauté for a while and then add the marinated chicken.
6. Add the red chilly powder, rest of the peeler powder, masala powder and stir.
7. Cook for some time and then add the chopped tomatoes.
8. Once everything is cooked, add water for the gravy.
9. Bring up-to boil. Finally add the boiled eggs cut into quarters. Stir and serve.
Podina (Mint leaves) 2 tbs
Hara dhania (Coriander) 2 tbs
Hari mirch (Green chili) 1
Lemon juice 1 tbs
Chicken (cubes) 250 gms
Tandoori masala 1 tbs or to taste find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 1 tbs
Green paste 1 tbs or to taste
Bread crumbs 2 Cups or as required optional use omega-3 eggs
Anday (Eggs) beaten 2-3
Olive Oil for frying
1. In a blender, add mint leaves, coriander, green chili, lemon juice and blend well.
2. In a bowl, add chicken, tandoori masala, ginger, garlic paste and green paste, mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Thread chicken cubes into skewers or toothpicks.
4. Prepare all sticks and coat in breadcrumbs then dip into beaten eggs.
5. In a wok, heat oil and fry until golden brow
GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN TENDERS
• 1 1/4 pounds/ 560 g omega-3 chicken tenders boneless skinless
• 1/2 cup white flour (or use eggs)
• ginger and Pepper
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1 cup Panko
• 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
1. Trim the fat from the tenders.
2. Preheat the oven to 400° F (204° C).
3. Set out three bowls. Fill one with the white flour, about 1/4 teaspoon pepper, & about 1/2 ginger. Stir. (or use eggs instead of flour.)
4. Fill the next bowl with the olive oil and minced garlic. Stir.
5. Place the basil, paprika, Panko, and parmesan cheese in the last. Stir.
6. Place the tenders in the flour mixture, then the garlic oil, then the panko mixture making sure to evenly and thoroughly coat each piece.
7.Place the tenders on the sheet and then place in the oven.
8. Cook for 15 minutes and then flip the tenders and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until cooked through.
9. Remove and enjoy immediately with the dipping sauce find recipe here; http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/diabetic-friendly-dips/
BHUNA MASALA CHICKEN WINGS
- 1/2 kg chicken wings
- 2 onions finely julienned
- 3 tomatoes sliced
- 1 capsicum finely julienned
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3 dry red chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Marinate the chicken wings.
- Drizzle the chicken wings with olive oil. Then add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder and massage the chicken wings gently.
- Heat up the pan and drizzle with one tsp olive oil and sear the wings in it.
For bhuna masala:
- Heat up the pan and drizzle it with 1 tsp of olive oil and add dry red chili, cumin seeds and coriander seeds.
- Sauté it lightly. Then mix chicken wings with the bhuna masala.
- Add onions and sauté it until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add water, lime and capsicum and let it cook away for 2-3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN
Chicken 1 kg (boneless, bite size cubes)
Yogurt 500 gm (beaten)
Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
multigrain flour 2 – 3 tsp (optional)
Ginger to taste
Black pepper (freshly crushed) 2 tsp + 1 tsp or to taste
White pepper 1/3 tsp
Olive Oil 2 tbsp
Whole cumin 1 tsp (toasted)
Green chillies 3 – 5 (whole)
Spring onions 3 stalks (thinly sliced)
Green coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
Cream 1/2 cup
Cream 2 – 3 tbsp for garnishing
Black pepper (freshly crushed) a few pinches for garnishing
All spice powder 1 tsp find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR199h2VNj4pZaO6EECcHc0sANHDSuGkogcqweZidkeOoiYWC91c3CIN1xg
1. Wash the clean chicken with a solution of 2 tbsp vinegar mixed with 300 ml water.
2. Marinate the chicken in ginger garlic paste mixture, ginger to taste, multigrain flour if using and 2 tsp black pepper for 2 – 3 hours.
3. Heat oil in a wok and cook marinated chicken in it for 5 – 6 minutes.
4. Add in 1 tsp black pepper, cumin, white pepper and all spice, stir fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
5. Mix in beaten yogurt and whole green chillies, cover and cook on low heat till chicken gets tender. (approximately 10 – 15 minutes)
6. Now turn the heat up to medium high to allow the extra liquid evaporate and gravy thicken to desired consistency.
7. Mix in spring onion, coriander and cream.
8. Immediately turn the heat down to very low.
9. Place a slice of onion on top of chicken and place an inflamed piece of coal over it.
10. Drizzle a little oil over the coal and cover the pan with a tight lid.
11. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
12. Take our in a serving dish, garnish with black pepper and cream and serve with steamed vegetables.
ONE POT NACHO CHICKEN
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces/225 g ground omega-3 chicken
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 cup cauliflower rice
1 (10-ounce/280 g can) Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies or fresh if possible
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
ginger and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 (12-ounce/340 g) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped or fresh if possible
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 Roma tomato, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken, garlic and onion. Cook until chicken has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and green chilies and 1 1/2 cups water, and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin; season with ginger and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Stir in red peppers until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and top with cheeses. Cover until cheeses have melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and cilantro, if desired.
CHEESY CHILI CHICKEN
2 pounds/ 900 g ground omega-3 chicken
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 can (28 ounces/790 g) diced tomatoes, undrained or fresh if possible
2 cans (4 ounces each/ 115 g) chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds/ 900 g process cheese
In a large saucepan, cook the chicken, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted.
Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator; heat in a saucepan or microwave.
SPICY CHICKEN CHOP SUEY
♦ 2 chicken breasts (1 pound total/450 g), cut into 1-inch/ 2.5 cm cubes
♦ ginger and freshly ground white pepper
♦ 1 tbsp olive oil
♦ 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
♦ 1 tbsp peeled and grated ginger
♦ 2 tbsp Mirin or dry sherry
♦ 1/2 tsp crushed dried chile flakes, more if desired
♦ 3/4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR0o_fVCUODsfSImPmSugv-ArnmPkisccFb22fLBijhC5YnB4QzNcUHERZg
♦ 2 small bok choy, cut in half, core removed, white part sliced and leaves left whole
♦ 8 oz/226 g assorted wild mushrooms, sliced
♦ 1 (8-oz/226 g) can drained water chestnuts, sliced
♦ 3/4 to 1 cup chicken stock/ or water
♦ 2 tbsp soy sauce
♦ 2 to 3 scallions, finely chopped
In a medium bowl, sprinkle the chicken with ginger and ground white pepper, set aside.
Heat a wok or large fry pan over high heat; add the olive oil. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for less than 1 minute. Add the chicken breast and stir-fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. As the chicken begins to brown, add the rice wine. Sprinkle with the crushed dried red chiles and Chinese five-spice powder. Add the white parts of the bok choy and mushrooms, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the water chestnuts, bok choy leaves, chicken stock, and soy sauce, and bring to a boil. Stir well and allow the sauce to thicken. Garnish with the chopped scallions and serve immediately.
SHAHI MURG (CURRY CHICKEN)
1 chicken (750 gm) – cut into 8 pieces
¾ cup thick yogurt – whisked well till smooth
2-3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste,
½ tsp chilli powder,
GRIND TO A FINE PASTE
1/3 cup cashews (kaju) – soaked in ¼ cup water
4-5 tbsp olive oil
1 bay leaf (tej patta),
½ tsp black cumin (shah jeera),
2 green cardamoms (chhoti illaichi),
3 large onions – ground to a paste
(1 cup) ¾ cup milk (Heart Active),
2 tbsp cream some fresh coriander for garnishing,
a few strands of saffron to garnish
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste and chilli powder.
- Soak cashews in about ¼ cup hot water for 15 minutes. Grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan. Add bay leaves, cardamoms and black cumin. Wait for a minute.
- Add the onions and cook stirring constantly, till light brown.
- Stir in the chicken pieces along with the marinade. Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cashew paste. Stir constantly on medium or high heat till the juices from the chicken evaporate and oil separates.
- Lower the heat. Add milk and ½ cup water. Cover and cook untill the chicken becomes tender and oil separates.
- Garnish with masala, 2 tbsp of cream, soaked saffron and coriander leaves.
CHICKEN AND LENTIL CURRY
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1-3 green chillies, split open
- 400g chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- half tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp masala find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/?fbclid=IwAR3FxyL9BYUzu4l6B_FtBunhCtV0qPDrhvNhPApJPEVMr9YWhv3Teaui5yg
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- juice 1 lemon
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g red lentils
- Add the cumin and coriander seeds to a dry saucepan and toast for 1-2 minutes. Add the oil and the onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and chicken pieces and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chilli powder, masala and turmeric powder along with the lemon juice, tomatoes and 500ml water.
- Bring to the boil, mix well, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the lentils and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked.
- If you don’t have all the different spices to hand, you can use your favourite curry powder or paste. Find a recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-curry-powder/
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.
Nutrient information of original in original.
- 4 un-crumbed chicken breast schnitzels (about 500g) (You can make your own)
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 green oak leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 large carrot, shredded or grated
- 1 x 250g punnet baby cucumbers, quartered or fresh if possible
- 2/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 small ripe avocado, sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with turmeric. Rub to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat (or you could steam the chicken until cooked through). Cook chicken for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Slice thickly.
- Combine tamari and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Mix well. Arrange lettuce, carrot, cucumber, coriander, avocado and chicken in four serving bowls. Drizzle each and serve.
AIR FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH GARLIC DIP
15 chicken Wings remove as much skin as you can
- 2Tbs Olive Oil
- 1TspGround turmeric
- 4Tbslemonfresh squeezed
- 1 1/2Tsponion powder
- 5Garlic cloves finely minced
- 4Tsplemon juicefresh
- 3Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/8TspCayenne pepper
- Pinchblack pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and marinate 30 minutes or more in refrigerator
- Place wings in Air Fryer
- Set Air fryer to 20 minutes
- Serve hot with Garlic Dip
- Repeat and serve another batch!
- Using a mixer or blender mix all ingredients and Serve in a small bowl on the side with wings
PUNJABI CHICKEN CURRY PUNJABI DHABA STYLE
INGREDIENTS (used American measuring cup, 1 cup = 250 ml)
500 gm boneless omega-3 chicken
½ cup yogurt
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
340 gm or 12 oz of onion julienne (pyaz)
1 cup of fresh tomato puree (tamatar )
1 bay leaf (tejpata)
2-3 cloves (lavang)
4-5 green cardamom (elaichi)
2 black cardamom (moti elaichi)
1.5 cm cinnamon stick (dalchini)
1 tsp cumin seed (jeera)
2 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
2 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
1 tbps red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
¼th tsp turmeric (haldi)
1 inch ginger chopped (adrak)
4-5 garlic cloves (lavang)
2 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
2 cups water or as required
1 tbsp biryani masala find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/?fbclid=IwAR1m_rAECMrpCiheBz0j82ol62XALlFiDqJ4zS2JBqhwgfIO09UXDy2zNuA
Marinate the chicken pieces with yogurt for 30 mins.
Meanwhile heat 1.5 tbsp olive oil in a pan, when heated add whole spices and cumin seed.
Once they give a nice aroma add onion julienne, ginger, garlic and sauté.
Sauté, until they change colour to light brown but don’t burn them.
Combine them into a grinder and grind with little water until smooth mixture is formed.
In the same pan add the rest of oil. Once heated add the grounded paste. Sauté stir until the mixture starts thickening.
Now add the tomato puree. Sauté until it leaves oil towards the edges.
Also sprinkle half of biryani masala powder (reserve the half for later use) also add all the spice powder.
Time to add the marinated chicken.
Scrape and add all the leftover curd. Don’t add water just cook on medium heat until the curry starts thickening.
Now add 2 cups water. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender alternatively you could pressure cook up to 2 whistles.
Lastly sprinkle dry fenugreek leaves, rest of masala powder. Serve your Punjabi chicken curry with some salad and/or steamed vegetables..
1.You could use boneless chicken or chicken with bones for this dish.
2.If you are allergic to dairy then use nut paste instead of yogurt.
3.The curry is of medium consistency so add water accordingly.
4.If you like it hot then add more chili powder. Personally, I love Kashmiri red chili powder as it’s mild and also imparts a nice red colour to your gravies and sauces.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
500 gms skinless chicken, washed and patted dry
1 bunch spinach
3 onions, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
6 garlic cloves
2.5 cm ginger
2 tsp coriander powder
4 tbsp cooking olive oil
1 tsp masala powder find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
1. Chop spinach leaves and boil for a few minutes until wilted without changing its colour. Drain and keep aside.
2. In a mortar and pestle, crush green chillies, ginger and garlic. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a cooking pot and splutter cumin seeds. Add onions and cook until translucent.
4. Add the crushed green chillies, ginger and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken, tomatoes and coriander powder. Mix well. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Check for water so the gravy doesn’t start sticking to the bottom of the pot. When the chicken is 3/4th done, add masala powder. Cover and cook completely.
6. Mix spinach in the gravy and stir well.
7. Serve hot with a salad or steamed vegetables.
CHILLI CHICKEN INDIAN-STYLE
250 grams of boneless chicken pieces, cubed
1/4 cup of cornflour or corn starch (optional)
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/
1 tsp of soya sauce
1/2 tsp of black pepper powder
1 tbsp of Olive oil
1 cup of cubed onions
1/2 cup of cubed capsicum (bell pepper)
2-3 green chillies, slit
1 tsp of crushed garlic
1 tsp of grated ginger
1 tsp of tomato ketchup
1 tsp of vinegar or lime juice
2 tbsp of minced spring onions or coriander leaves for garnish
Clean and cut the chicken pieces into bite-sized cubes
Prepare the rest of the ingredients and keep it ready
Coat the chicken pieces with the cornflower if using.
Heat the oil for deep frying
When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces
Fry on medium heat until golden brown
Drain and set aside
Proceed with the next batch until all the chicken is fried
Drain and set aside
Heat oil and add the onions, ginger, garlic, and green chillies
Sauté until the onions turn transparent and soft
Then add the soya sauce, vinegar or lemon juice, and tomato ketchup
Sauté for 2 more minutes
Then add the fried chicken pieces and capsicum
Sprinkle some water and cover the pan
Cook on very low heat for 4-5 mins or until the ingredients come together nicely
Uncover, give everything a good mix, and remove from heat
Garnish with spring onions or coriander leaves
Serve hot as an appetizer or side dish with a salad or steamed vegetables.
CHICKEN AND PEANUTS STIR FRY (GONG BAO JI DING, GONG BAO CHICKEN)
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, deboned and cut into 1/2-inch/1.5 cm cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons Corn starch (optional)
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese dark vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (optional)
- 6 tablespoons of water or stock
- 1 generous handfuls of peanuts
- 2 green onions, chopped into 1-inch lengths
- 4 garlic cloves, skin removed, smashed and chopped
- 6 slices of ginger
- 8 red dried chilies, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and the marination with the meat; set aside while preparing the rest. Can be put in fridge for the day.
- Mix the liquid ingredients and corn starch if using and set aside to use as the sauce for stir-frying.
- Heat up wok with olive oil until hot.
- Place half of the meat into the oil and move around until half-cooked, around 2 minutes; remove with slotted spoon and drain from oil.
- Repeat for the other half.
- Drain off all but 2 tbsp of oil in the heated wok, place in chilies, peppercorns, garlic, ginger and spring onion; stir-fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes; add peanuts and stir-fry for another 1~2 min. Add chicken cubes, stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Pour on reserved sauce and simmer until the dish thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with ground Sichuan peppercorn; serve with a salad and/or steamed vegetables.
GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN TENDERLOINS
4-6 pieces of omega-3 chicken tenderloins, pat dry
1 egg beaten
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR1Yx9vPt-IRigo8d7CbeU7Sk68ZTh1M2D-r6PAPTHtvXOVEPqqzfl6RFQI
1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- In a shallow plate, mix together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Dip the tenderloins in egg then dredge them in seasoning mix.
- Place the tenderloins in the fryer basket and air fry at 400F (200C) for 10-12 minutes, flip once in the middle, until the chicken is cooked through at 165F (74C) and the surface is golden brown.
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CARROT AND TURNIP GREENS
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, roughly chopped
1 large green pepper, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon dry rosemary
1 tablespoon Portuguese chicken spice
1.5 kg skinless omega-3 chicken pieces
3 large tomatoes, chopped
2 cups turnip greens
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1.In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the chopped onions, carrot and peppers. Fry until until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and all the spices. Fry for a minute but don’t burn the garlic.
Add the chicken to the spices and stir to coat the pieces with the spice mix.
3. Cook for two to three minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes. Season with chicken spice, pepper and rosemary.
4. Close the lid and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Add the turnip greens. Let the curry simmer for another 2 -3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander and some turnip greens before serving.
For preparing the chicken:
- Boneless omega-3 chicken pieces (cut into equal cubes) – 1/2 kg
- egg whites -2
- Soya Sauce – 4tsp
- Olive Oil – for deep frying
For preparing the sauce:
- Green Chilli Sauce – 4 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 5tsp
- Vinegar – 2tsp
- Red food colour – 15 drops
- Soya Sauce – 3 tsp
- Garlic chopped – 2 tsp
- Ginger chopped -2tsp
- Onion sliced thin – 1
- Capsicum (thin long slices) – half
- Green chillies – 6
- Curry leaves- few
- White pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Coat the chicken with the egg whites and marinate in the soy sauce for half an hour.
- Mix all the ingredients for preparing the sauce and keep aside.
- Deed fry the chicken cubes until light brown on medium heat. Then keep the chicken aside on an absorbent paper.
- Then, take another fry pan and heat 2 tbsp oil and add sliced onions, slit green chillies, capsicum, curry leaves, chopped garlic and ginger and mix well and sauté for some time for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- To this, add the chicken white pepper and the sauce mixture. Mix well and allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander or spring onions and serve hot.
500 gms boneless, skinless chicken, cut into small pieces
3 tbsp Olive oil
2 onions, finely sliced
3 tbsp black pepper, freshly crushed
1 green capsicum/green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 green chili, split
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp masala powder find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
spring onions for garnishing
1. Clean the cut chicken pieces thoroughly and set aside.
2. Heat Olive oil in a pan and add the onions and green chilis. Sauté till the onions turn translucent. Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook till all the raw smell has vanished.
3. Add the chicken and cook till all water dries up. Now add the coriander powder, masala powder. Cook on low heat till all the spices are incorporate well into the chicken. Add half a cup of water if required. Cook till the chicken is done.
4. Now add the sliced green capsicum and freshly crushed black pepper powder. Stir well and fry for a couple of minutes. Remove from fire and serve hot garnished with spring onions.
OVEN BAKED TANDOORI CHICKEN
1 Omega-3 Chicken whole cut into 4 pieces skin removed.
2 tsp red chilli powder
3 tbsp Lemon juice
1 cup natural Yogurt
2 tbsp Ginger paste
2 tbsp Garlic paste
Olive oil to baste
1/2 tsp fresh turmeric/ for colouring optional finely sliced
1 tsp Garam masala powder and 1/2 tsp Chaat masala find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
Make incisions with a sharp knife or prick with a fork into the chicken.
Apply a mixture one tsp red chilli powder and one tbsp lemon juice over the chicken and set aside for half an hour.
Place the yogurt into a bowl and add the remaining red chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, remaining lemon juice, garam masala powder, and fresh turmeric two tbsp olive oil.
Rub this mixture over the chicken and marinate for at least three to four hours in a refrigerator or overnight.
Cook the skewered chicken in a moderately hot tandoor (clay oven) for ten to twelve minutes, or in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 until almost done.
Baste chicken with a little oil and cook for another four minutes. Cook on a grill to get a good smoky flavour. Remove and set aside.
Sprinkle chaat masala powder and serve with a salad and lemon wedges.
- Chicken skin removed ½ kg
- Onion 1
- Tomato 1
- Green chili 4-5
- Green coriander 2 tbsp.
- No added salt Tomato paste 2 tbsp.
- Olive Oil ¼ cup
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- ginger 1 tsp or to taste
- Dry coriander powder 1 tsp
- Masala powder ½ tsp try one from here findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
- Yogurt 2 tbsp.
- Green coriander leaves for garnish
- Blend together onion, tomato. green chili, green coriander, and tomato paste.
- Heat olive oil in a pan add blended mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chicken, red chili powder, ginger, coriander powder, masala powder and yogurt.
- Cover and cook until chicken tender.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle green coriander leaves and serve warm with a salad.
CHICKEN CURRY SRI LANKAN STYLE
- 4 chicken breasts skin removed and cubed (Free range or Omega 3 chicken.)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g fresh diced tomatoes
- Any vegetable available diced.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Water as required.
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- ¼ tsp fenugreek NB1
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- In a large saucepan with a lid, heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and ginger over medium heat until softened, but not browned.
- Add the fenugreek, curry leaves, turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli and cook for 1 minute or until you can smell the aromas.
- Add the chicken pieces and any root vegetables and gently fry, turning on each side. Add the tomatoes, and water if required, cover with a lid and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the green vegetables and cook for 10 minutes
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
NB1 Is Fenugreek Good for Diabetes?
These websites are provided for information only, some of their claim may not be based on science
Fenugreek the Natural Herbal Cure for Diabetes and 15 other Health Benefits
Side Effects of Fenugreek:
- While Fenugreek is generally considered to be safe when used moderately, there have been reports of a few minor side-effects. Nausea is one common side effect, while other people have reported gastrointestinal discomfort (diarrhea and/or gas). Also, when using this herb topically on the skin, it is important to watch out for skin irritations and rashes.
- Fenugreek use during pregnancy is not recommended, since it has the potential to induce labor. If you are pregnant and wish to take it, you should do so only after consultation with your doctor.
- If you are currently taking any oral medications, you should always use this herb at least 2 hours before or after these drugs. This is important since Fenugreek fiber has the potential to interfere with the absorption of oral medications due to its mucilaginous fiber (which gives it a moist and sticky texture).
- Omega 3 Chicken breast skin off 4
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar Â¼ cup
- Crushed brown onion Â½ cup
- masala 1 tsp. (Try one from : http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/)
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Crushed red chili Â¼ tsp
- Greek Yogurt Â½ cup
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
- Ginger sliced, sliced green chilies and chopped green coriander for garnish
- Marinade chicken breast with ginger garlic paste, ginger and vinegar. Leave for 10 minutes (Overnight is better)
- Add chicken in a pan with marinade and cook until chicken tender in its own water and water dries.
- Shred chicken in medium large pieces.
- Add crushed brown onion, masala, red chili powder, crushed red chili, ginger, yogurt, and lemon juice in shredded chicken.
- Heat oil in cooking pan; put chicken in oil and stir fry till yogurt water evaporates and oil comes on top.
- Dish out garnish with ginger, green chilies, green coriander and serve with paratha, roti or naan along raita.
Adapted from http://www.therecipespk.com/lacha-chicken/
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 kg (you could use breasts as well but thighs stay moister)
2 teaspoons olive oil…
2 teaspoons granulated garlic (you can sub 1 teaspoon garlic powder here)
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder or to taste
Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.
Use kitchen shears to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Pat dry.
Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all the pieces. Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides well
Grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Serve with steamed vegetables including sweet potatoes and Jerusalem artichoke.
SOUTHWESTERN CHILLI CHICKEN
Spice up your dinner with this delicious Southwestern chili recipe. It goes well with any meat of your choice!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 large onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ pounds ground chicken, grass-fed beef, buffalo, ostrich, or lean game meat
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
A pinch of red chili flakes
2 16-ounce cans tomatoes with liquid**
2 cans kidney beans
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
3 scallions, thinly slivered on the diagonal
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy pot, over medium-low heat. Add garlic, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add ground meat and cook until browned. Add spices and toss to cover meat well.
3. Add tomatoes and their liquid, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add beans and simmer for 30 minutes more. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Serve garnished with scallions, parsley, and cilantro.
SPANISH CHICKEN SKEWERS
1 piece Multigrain flat bread, cut into 2cm pieces
Olive oil spray
1/4 teaspoon sumac
3 large (about 900g) skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
2 tablespoons Table of Plenty Spanish Spice Rub
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
1 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
1 large zucchini, peeled into ribbons
1 large yellow capsicum, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated, washed, dried, cut into 2cm-thick slices
6 red radishes, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 green capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
1 bunch curly parsley, leaves picked, washed, dried
1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, washed, dried
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the bread on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with sumac. Bake in oven for 5-8 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, combine the chicken, Spanish spice rub and coriander in a large bowl. Alternately thread pieces of chicken, red capsicum, zucchini and yellow capsicum onto the skewers, finishing with chicken.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray to grease. Add one-third of the skewers and cook, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining skewers, reheating the pan between batches.
While the skewers are cooking, combine the lettuce, radish, tomato, green capsicum, cucumber, parsley and mint in a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and garlic in a jug. Season with ginger and pepper.
Add the bread to the lettuce mixture and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Drizzle a white wine vinegar as a dressing. Top with the skewers and serve.
NB Any lean meat can be used.
PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH A PUMPKIN AND SPINACH SALAD
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 4 small skinless chicken breast fillets (about 450g), trimmed
- Pumpkin & spinach salad:
- 750g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Black pepper, to season
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- For the pumpkin & spinach salad: Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray. Spray with olive oil and season with pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine, paprika, garlic, lemon rind and juice in a shallow ceramic dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes if time permits. (Overnight is better)
- Preheat barbecue plate on medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place a piece baking paper onto the hot barbecue plate and top with chicken. Barbecue for 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Discard the paper.
- Whisk the orange juice, oil and cinnamon together. Combine the spinach and pumpkin in a bowl. Spoon over the dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve with the paprika chicken.