Preparation time: 1 hour minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes minutes
Serving Size: Serves 6
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
400g button mushrooms, halved
300g fresh beans, trimmed
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tbs sesame seeds
250g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
300g fresh peas.
1. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard and ginger and pepper in a large bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons to a small bowl and set aside. Add the mushrooms to the large bowl and stir to coat. Cover and set aside 1 hour to absorb the marinade.
2. Meanwhile wash the beans and place onto a microwave-safe plate. Cover with damp paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes until bright green and just tender. Refresh in iced water, drain and pat dry. Halve the beans if necessary.
3. Repeat with the peas.
4. Heat walnuts in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, until lightly toasted. Add the sesame seeds and cook a further 1-2 minutes until golden.
5. Add the beans, tomatoes and peas to the mushrooms. Pour over the reserved dressing and toss to combine. Spoon onto a platter, scatter over walnuts and sesame seeds. Serve.
ROSEMARY ROASTED NUTS
For gifts, or for party treats, it’s easy to jazz up a mix of nuts by roasting them with herbs and spices.
- Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary snips, or 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups walnut pieces, hazelnuts (filberts), and/or whole almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180C). Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil, and lightly coat the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg white with a fork until it’s frothy. Add the rosemary, pepper, and salt, beating with the fork until combined. Add nuts, and toss to coat.
- Spread the nut mixture in an even layer in the pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden, stirring once.
- Use the foil to lift the nuts from the pan and set aside to cool. Break up any large pieces. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month. Makes 12 1/4 cup servings.
Per serving: 198 cal., 20g total fat (2g saturated), 102mg sodium, 4g carb, 2g fiber, 5g protein.