- red capsicum,
- green apple mixed with lime or lemon juice,
- Walnuts nuts
- finely sliced carrot.
- ginger and freshly ground pepper.
- Chilli to taste
2 red capsicum and as many chili as you like.
2 yellow capsicum
1 tbs sweet corn, preferable fresh cut from the cob
2 tablespoons white or rice wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon capers
2 tablespoons BYRON BAY Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce (Or use your own, salt ,sugar and fat free)
ginger and pepper
2 tablespoons dill and a onion coarsely chopped.
- Roast capsicum and chili in a 250° oven until slightly blackened on all sides..
- Carefully place on a plate and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Peel away skin.
- Cut in half, remove core and seeds, slice into thick strips and place in a bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over capsicum and chili
- Serve at room temperature.
Low fat, Low saturated fat, Source of fibre, High protein, Low Sodium, Wheat-free (Gluten Free), Vegetarian
For the curry paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (cumin powder can also be used)
- 2 1/2 tsp coriander seeds (coriander powder can also be used)
- 3 – 6 red chilies, chopped (for a mild curry use 3, for hot curry use 6)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 lemon grass stalks (white part only), chopped
For the curry
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1 cup gluten free low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- half a cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 a wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 400g firm tofu
- 1 – 2 tbls gluten free corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup Thai basil and coriander leaves
- 6 cups steamed Basmati rice
To make the curry paste
If using cumin and coriander seeds, grind them to a powder using a mortar and pestle. Add the ground spices to a food processor along with the rest of the curry paste ingredients. Blend into a smooth paste.
To make the curry
- Add sesame oil to a pan and sauté onions on a medium heat until they are brown. Add the curry paste, stirring constantly for 2 minutes until it becomes fragrant. Add half of the stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the pumpkin, beans and the cauliflower, simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the rest of the stock to cover the vegetables.
- Add the wombok and tofu. Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes or until the wombok is soft.
- Simmer until all of the vegetables are tender, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of corn flour dissolved in water to thicken the sauce.
- Serve in bowls atop steam rice. Sprinkle the bean sprouts, basil and coriander over the curry.