LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND HERBS
- 1/2tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 48 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2tspkosher ginger
- 2teaspoonsall purpose or gluten free flour optional
- 2clovesgarlic, crushed
- 1/2cupdry white wine
- 1/4cuplemon juice
- 1teaspoonlemon zest
- 1teaspoonchopped fresh thyme
- 1cuppitted chopped olives
- 1tbspchopped fresh parsley
- optional, 4 thin lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. with the rack in the center position.
- Heat the oil in a 30 cm cast iron fry p over medium-high heat. Season chicken with ginger and pepper then sprinkle with flour. When oil is hot, sear chicken about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic, wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme and olives. Top with lemon slices if desired, transfer the fry pan to the oven and bake about 10 minutes, until cooked.
- Serve hot topped with parsley.
Nutrition of original
Serving: 1 piece chicken, Calories: 351kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.5g, Protein: 52.5g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 166mg, Sodium: 541.5mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0.5g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 3
Points +: 8
LEMON, THYME CHICKEN
8 chicken thighs (skinned and excess fat removed) (free range and omega 3 if possible)
2 lemons (1 sliced and one cut in half and juice squeezed over chicken)
1 red onion (sliced)
1 tsp dried thyme
1 clove crushed garlic
ginger and pepper
Place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish and place slices of onions and lemon on top and between the chicken.
Sprinkle over the thyme, Drizzle over the lemon juice, ginger and pepper and dot over the crushed garlic. Spray lightly with the spray oil.
Serve with cauliflower rice, sweet potato and steamed bean or any other in season green
Bake at Gas 5 /190C/375F for 30-40 minutes (every now and then spoon over the juices) cook until the chicken is browned and sticky.
GARLIC, LEMON, HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
- 4 skin-off, bone-in omega 3 chicken thighs
- Â¼ cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons ginger, plus extra
- 1 sweet potato, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 4 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- Lemon slices, to serve
- Pat thighs dry with paper towel. In a shallow dish, combine the lemon juice, 2 tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley. Pour out half of the marinade and store in a jug to use later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the dish and coat evenly. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes if rushed; 1 hour if time allows; or overnight is best, turning each chicken thigh occasionally in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 220Â°C | 430Â°F. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden browned (about 4 minutes each side). Drain some of the excess fat, leaving about a tablespoon for added flavour as it will be rich in omega 3.
- Arrange the vegetables around each chicken thigh. Drizzle the vegetables with the remaining marinade, tossing them through the oil mixture to evenly coat.
- Cover skillet or dish with lid (or foil), and bake until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 35 minutes). Change oven setting to grill / broil on a medium heat setting for about 5-10 minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are crispy and golden browned. Serve with olives and lemon slices.
Easy Garlic Lemon Chicken Breast Recipes for the whole family. www.Kidspot.com.au/RecipeFinder
A number of people are fond of boneless skinless chicken breast, as they are one of the most convenient meats available in supermarkets. Added to this, it also tastes delicious and is tender and juicy when cooked well. You will be surprised to see how fast kids become fond of these chicken recipes. We will now see some easy boneless skinless chicken breast recipes.
Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Recipe
This is an easy recipe which everyone will take a liking to. You will find bread crumbs as an ingredient in this recipe. I will recommend the use of Italian bread crumbs, as they taste much better, however, even normal bread crumbs are fine. You may want to read on how to bake chicken breast.
- Eggs 2 (Egg Whites only)
- Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast (cut into serving pieces) 5
- Bread Crumbs 2 cups (Use Multigrain or even better bread made using my recipes)
- Olive Oil (Use spray or very little oil)
- Mozzarella Cheese (grated) 2 cups (Use cottage cheese or even no cheese here)
- Fresh Mushrooms as many as you like
- Boiling Water 2 cups
- Chicken Bouillon Cubes 2
- Salt to taste (Ginger can be used to replace salt)
- Beat eggs (whites) in a big bowl and beat well.
- Add the boneless chicken pieces to the eggs and let them marinate for an hour.
- Roll chicken pieces in the (multigrain) bread crumbs and saute in oil till brown in colour.
- Place the sauted chicken pieces in a baking dish and cover with cheese and mushrooms. (Use very little cheese, I have found that egg whites and milk can also be used here.)
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes in water and pour it over the chicken. (Be aware that there may be salt in these cubes)
- Cover the baking dish with foil and let it bake at 350 degrees in the oven for an hour.
- Uncover the baking dish for the last 15 minutes and once the cheese is bubbly and brown remove it from the oven.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
- Mix the condensed soup, water, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, and carrots in a crock pot.
- Add the chicken pieces to the crock pot and coat the chicken well.
- Cover and cook the chicken for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve this chicken with hot egg noodles and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Recipe for Two
This is a wonderful and easy recipe and is sufficient to be served for two people. You may want to read on oven baked chicken breast.
- Chicken Breasts 3
- Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Old Bay Seasoning 1 tablespoon
- Low Fat Whipping Cream cup
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts into serving pieces.
- In a thick bottom pan heat olive oil and butter together.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan and cook till almost cooked. This process will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then add salt and old bay seasoning and stir well.
- Lastly add the whipping cream and let the chicken simmer until thickened.
- Make sure you keep stirring occasionally to avoid the chicken from sticking to the pan.
Healthy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Recipe
We will again use the crock pot to make this heart healthy chicken breast recipe. Click to read on baked chicken breast recipes.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (cut into cubes) 4
- Carrot (sliced) 1
- Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- Onion (quartered) 1
- Pineapple Chunks (canned) 8 oz
- Cilantro Leaves (minced) 10
- Ginger Root (minced) 2 tablespoons
- Chicken Bouillon 1 teaspoon
- Quick Cooking Tapioca 2 tablespoons
- Garlic (minced) 1 clove
- Soy Sauce 1 tablespoon
- Dark Brown Sugar 1/3 cup
- Red Wine Vinegar 1/3 cup
- Spread the vegetables at the bottom of the crock pot and sprinkle tapioca over them.
- Now place the chicken pieces over the vegetables.
- Combine the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and close the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours and serve with rice.
For more information, read
You can try all these boneless skinless chicken breast recipes and see which suits your taste buds the best. There are immense variations of each of these recipes as well. I have modified a number of these recipes to suit the taste buds of my family members, and you can do the same as well.
CHICKEN WITH QUINOA
400g lean chicken breast mince
60g fresh spinach
65g (½ cup) cooked and cooled white or tri-coloured quinoa
2 cloves garlic, crushed
45g (1⁄3 cup) sesame seeds
Olive oil Cooking spray
½ bunch green shallots, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
1 bunch bok choy, sliced
1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
½ red capsicum, deseeded, cut into thin strips
100g snow peas, thinly sliced
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
400g pkt Asian Noodles
1 Tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
60ml (¼ cup) dry sherry
Coriander leaves, to serve (optional)
1 Put mince, spinach, quinoa and garlic in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Roll into small balls. Sprinkle balls all over with sesame seeds. Transfer to a plate.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning often, for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through (test by cutting 1 ball in half). Remove from pan and cover with foil. Set aside.
3 Spray the same pan with cooking spray. Add the white parts of the green shallot, bok choy, carrot, capsicum, snow peas and ginger. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost cooked. Meanwhile, cook noodles following pack instructions. Add to pan along with soy sauce and sherry. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4 Divide noodle mixture and meatballs between shallow serving bowls. Sprinkle over green parts of green shallot and coriander, if using. Serve.