SLOW COOKED MEATLOAF
2 to 2.25 pounds/900 g of ground grass fed beef
1 small onion, diced
3 omega-3 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon seasoning of choice find suggestions here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/
Place all ingredients into a large bowl, mix very well and form into a ball… the ball should hold its shape while being tossed, if not, add more eggs
Place into a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from crockpot and allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
2 lb/ 900 g lean grass fed ground beef (any meat can be used.)
1 large onion- diced
2+ jalapenos- diced
1 red bell pepper- diced
1 large zucchini or 2-3 small- diced (can use yellow squash too or a combo)
Minced garlic (to your liking)
1 can diced tomatoes or fresh if possible
2 cans red kidney beans (optional) or dried soaked overnight
1 cup water
4 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cumin
2 bay leaves
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Ginger and pepper
Red chili flakes (to your liking)
Any other vegetables available and diced
Any other seasonings you want find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR0b2ho50Kj5nl0Zw7NhKBoPoQ0ggoCeVMfcSj31LQ6yvLx05hEo16KKs_s
- Brown ground beef with diced onion, peppers, and jalapeno. Drain and add in spices.
- Add mixture and everything else in the crockpot/ slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on low 8 hours
SLOW COOKED STROGANOFF
- 1 kg grass fed Beef Chuck Steak or Gravy Beef, or any other lean cheap cuts of beef
- 1 brown onionroughly chopped
- 1 carrot roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon no added salt tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 400 grams mushrooms sliced
- 1/2cup sour cream (optional)
- The morning prior to serving, chop all vegetables as above and cut the meat into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the sliced mushrooms on top, followed by the beef.
- Pour the prepared sauce on top and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, gently stir through the sour cream and let sit for 5 minutes with the lid off the slow cooker.
- Serve with cauliflower rice
Nutrition Facts of original
Slow Cooker Keto Stroganoff
Amount Per Serving
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 4g 25%
Cholesterol 18mg 6%
Sodium 467mg 20%
Potassium 453mg 13%
Carbohydrates 11g 4%
Fibre 3g 13%
Sugar 2g 2%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 1075IU 22%
Vitamin C 1.6mg 2%
Calcium 39mg 4%
Iron 2.2mg 12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and all calculations are estimates only.
SLOW COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- ½ onion chopped
- 3 lg/1.4 Kg boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into halves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Ginger & pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ cloves garlic
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or water
- 1 c chicken broth or water
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- ½ cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas or fresh if possible
- Scatter onion in bottom of slow cooker and top with chicken, oregano, ginger & Pepper.
- Mix soup and broth with thyme, bay leaf, celery and carrots and pour over chicken. Cook on slow 4 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Cook 1 hour more on high. Serves four.
SLOW COOKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH DAL
- 1 mediumonion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves or cilantro
- 1 cup French lentils (use brown lentils or the Indian masoor dal as a substitute, but avoid other Indian lentils because they won’t cook easily in the slow cooker), washed
- 3 cups 2 cm butternut squash cubes
- 1 medium sweetpotato, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1/2 to 1tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp masala find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/sugar-free-masala/
- Ginger and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cashew yogurt find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/chutney-etc/
- 3 spring onions, green and white parts chopped, optional
- Set your crockpot to high, and add the onions, ginger, garlic, and coriander leaves. Stir to mix, season with ginger and ground black pepper, cover, and let it cook a little while you prep your other ingredients.
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, lentils, cayenne, turmeric and masala. Add three cups of water or vegetable stock. Stir well, cover, and let it cook for two hours. Check once or twice and add another cup of water if needed. The Dal will thicken up as it stands, so don’t make it too dry.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cashew yogurt. Garnish with spring onions, if using.
- Serve hot with steamed vegetables or a meat dish.
You can also blend 2 tbsp of cashew nuts with 2 tbsp of water, and add the juice of 1/2 lemon, instead of the cashew yogurt.
Calories: 134 kcal | Protein: 4.9 g | Potassium: 528 mg | Fibre: 4.7 g | Calcium: 30 mg | Iron: 1.6 mg
SLOW COOKED TURKEY CHILI
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground turkey/chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 800g (1.7 lb) diced tomatoes or use less as your requirements
- 400g (0.8 lb) kidney beans or other vegetables
- 1 tsp chili powder find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR19Zk9MUv9msVrFlhvKaVE68Ti4xNuP0jsxsvQBRHZlwNY6oIFHm3iuOfA
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 red chili, diced
- In a frying pan over high heat, cook the ground turkey.
- Once browned, drain the excess fluid and transfer the cooked turkey it to a slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Season to taste with ginger and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The beans can be left out of the recipe if you don’t like them. Some chunky diced carrots are an excellent alternative to beans, especially if you want a decent no bean chili. It’s also perfect if you’re going to make it Paleo friendly.
- Frying the turkey will help reduce the amount of oily liquid in the slow cooker. If time is an issue, then you can easily skip this step. Your chili will still be delicious.
- I find that the amount of chili in this recipe is more than enough. However, if you like things really spicy, then I highly recommend that you increase the amount. Some people find two teaspoons works quite well.
- Simply halve the amount of time and cook on high if you want to have this turkey chili cooked faster.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ kg boneless skinless omega-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- ginger and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup HARISSA PASTE find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/diabetic-foods/chutney-etc/?fbclid=IwAR2BwI3I3Nzl0RalCVlNMHa6IMus8pSFhO83Z-U2lHvAXfU_HUxBHPl0FXI
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a stoneware fry pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken, seasoned with ginger and pepper to taste, and cook until lightly brown all over, about 6 minutes, before adding the HARISSA PASTE and lime juice and cooking to warm.
- Mix in the cilantro, remove from heat and enjoy!
SLOW COOKED CREOLE CHICKEN
1 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chopped leeks plus any other in season vegetables
2 cloves minced garlic
1 chopped tomato
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 teaspoons Creole seasoning find recipe here http://www.findtex.com.au/uncategorised/spice-mix-sugar-salt-and-fat-free/?fbclid=IwAR1bT8RKa2rCsHDzn3t_vcbjaUYXUce_F5DbsWzN84JwXZJJjPR51oR4tac
¼ teaspoon cayenne
1 Bell pepper
1 cup Green onion
1. Place the all ingredients in the slow cooker except green onion. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3 hours.
2. Shred the chicken directly in the crockpot to your desired texture.
3. Top with the green onion
LOW CARB CHILI
- 2 1/2lb/ 1 kg Ground lean beef (make your own if possible)
- 1/2 large Onion(chopped)
- 8 cloves Garlic(minced)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes. can
- 14-oz/ 120 gm can green chilies (with liquid)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium Bay leaf(optional)
Crock Pot slow cooker instructions
- In a stoneware fry pan over medium-high heat, cook the chopped onion for 5 – 7 minutes, until translucent (or increase the time to about 20 minutes if you like them caramelized). Add the garlic and cook for a minute or less, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture into a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except bay leaf, and stir until combined. Place the bay leaf into the middle, if using.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. If you used a bay leaf, remove it before serving.
Instant Pot pressure cooker instructions
- Select the “Sauté” setting on the pressure cooker (this part is done without the lid). Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 – 7 minutes, until translucent (or increase the time to about 20 minutes if you like them caramelized). Add the garlic and cook for a minute or less, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bay leaf, to the Instant Pot and stir until combined. (For the Instant Pot version, it is recommended to also add a cup of water or broth.) Place the bay leaf into the middle, if using.
- Close the lid. Press “Keep Warm/Cancel” to stop the sauté cycle. Select the “Meat/Stew” setting (35 minutes) to start pressure cooking.
- Wait for the natural release if you can or turn the valve to “vent” for quick release if you’re short on time. If you used a bay leaf, remove it before serving.
Nutrition Facts of original
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 13g
Net Carbs 10g
MEXICAN CHICKEN WITH CHILE
- 4 large, thick Omega-3 chicken breasts, OR 8 thinner chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp ginger (3 mL)
- 3/4 tsp cumin (3 mL)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp hot chili powder (1 mL)
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided (45 mL)
- 1 cup chopped onion (250 mL)
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (5 mL)
- 5 oz-can green chilis, OR canned jalapenos (127 g) OR fresh or dried if possible
Rich Creamy Cheese Sauce: Optional
- 1 cup water (250 mL)
- 4 oz cream cheese (125 g)
- 11/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese (375 mL)
- 3/4 – 1 cup additional water if required water (175 to 250 mL)
- Slice the chicken breasts in half length-wise.
- In small bowl, combine salt, cumin, black pepper and hot chili powder. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- In large non-stick stoneware frying pan add 2 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil and over medium heat cook half the chicken for 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken and use 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Remove chicken.
- In the same pan, cook onion and peppers over medium heat in 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Once softened and the onion has turned brown, add garlic and cook a further 2 minutes. Add green chills, OR jalapenos.
Rich Creamy Cheese Sauce:
- In non-stick stoneware frying pan or a slow cooker, add the water and add cream cheese (broken into chunks) and Cheddar cheese.
- Allow all to melt and gradually stir in water.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Place chicken breasts in the 2 pans and pour sauce over the chicken in each pan (the sauce will reduce and thicken).
- Cover the pans with lids and cook a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is white throughout when cut through the thickest part.
- If using a slow cooker cook for at least 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Spoon sauce over chicken half way through the cooking time. Serve chicken with sauce.
Yield: 8 servings
35.5 g protein
20.4 g fat
1.3 g fibre
3.6 g net carbs
SLOW COOKED CHICKEN AND CHILI
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Onion, diced
1 Red bell Pepper, diced
1 Tsp. Garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. no added salt Tomato paste
1 cup Diced Tomatoes
1 cup Red Kidney Beans soaked overnight and drained
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. Cumin, ground
1 tsp. Oregano, dried
2 tsp. Chili Paste or similar
Ginger & Pepper
- First add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients on top of the chicken breasts and mix together.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.
5. Return the chicken and cook for 15-30 minutes or until reheated.
6. Season with ginger & pepper.
7. Serve & Enjoy.
â– If youâ€™re thinking this chili might not be spicy enough for you then you can always double the amount of chili. Doubling the chili should really add a good amount of heat to the dish.
â– Beans are one of the best parts of a good chili but if youâ€™re not a fan then you can easily leave these out. You can replace them with something like chunky carrots.
â– If youâ€™re not a fan of chicken breasts in the slow cooker, then you can swap these out for chicken thighs. It will still pull apart the same way and still be incredibly tasty. You will need about 4 thighs to make up for the 2 chicken breasts (Roughly 500 g/17 oz).
â– You will want defrost the chicken before placing it in the slow cooker to avoid increased risks of food poisoning.
â– This dish uses sugar to help reduce the tartness of the tomatoes, if youâ€™re not a fan of adding sugar to your meals then you can simply leave it out or replace it with something youâ€™re happy to use.
One thing that you might be interested in is the nutritional information for this slow cooker chicken chili. If this is the case, then you can find out all the information you need below.
Keep in mind this information doesnâ€™t include any extras that you might have with the chili such as sour cream, bread and so on. It is also only estimated using an online tool so it may not be super accurate but should be good enough to able to tell if this dish is ok for you or not.
Serving Size 251g
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 68.4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7.6g 12%
Saturated Fat 1.9g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Sodium 110mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 51g 17%
Dietary Fiber 12.1g 48%
Protein 40.6g 81%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Crock Pot South-western Chicken Chilli
1 small onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans Fresh if you have them
1 16-oz can kidney beans… Fresh if you have them if not any fresh bean
1 8-oz can tomato sauce Leggo’s no added salt
10 oz package frozen corn kernels Fresh if you have them
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chillies Fresh if you have them
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
bell peppers or chilli peppers, chopped to taste.
1 Large Sweet potato roughly chopped
5 large Carrots roughly chopped.
Combine everything but chicken in crock pot. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
Makes 10 servings (about 1 3/4 cups each) approx 204 calories 5
1 lb of extra lean Ground Beef., pork or veal. Chicken works well.
1 onion, chopped
(2) 24oz cans of Spaghetti Sauce Leggo’s no added salt
(2) 4oz cans sliced mushrooms (do not drain) Fresh is better.
(2) 14.5oz cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
3 Tbsp. Italian mixed herbs
4-5 cups of water
3 Tbsp Minced Garlic (less if you want, I garlic!)
6-8 noodles, broken in pieces or some other pasta.
Vegetable e.g. sweet potato carrots Jerusalem artichoke. Any available greens roughly chopped.
Brown the beef in a pan. Drain off grease IF necessary. Add chopped onions and garlic. Cook for several minutes. Add in the rest of the ingredients (except the noodles) and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or add noodles cook until the noodles are “al dente”.
A diabetic soup tend to by chunky to avoid sugar spikes and Hypos. Soups are usually the broth from a stew which contains dissolved sugars starch fats and small particles of food which will be absorbed quickly.
It is our job as diabetics to slow this absorption through the use a fibre and large particles of food. The teeth cannot chew food as small as a blender. A diabetic soup is therefore more like a watery stew than a broth.