- 1 pound fresh skinless turkey breast slices or cutlets (Skinless Chicken can be used.)
Ginger and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup figs, stemmed and halved or quartered (Beware figs contain Fructose)
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1 cup orange sections (2 large oranges)
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Season turkey slices on both sides with ginger and pepper.
- Place 1 Tbsp. Olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook 2 to 4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a warm serving platter.
- Heat the olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and stir about 1 minute to soften. Add the figs, 1/3 cup water, and lime zest, cooking and stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat; stir in the orange sections, ginger, parsley, and lime juice. Adjust the consistency with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve over turkey.
This recipe makes 4 servings.