MEATBALLS WITH ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI
- 500g lean grass-fed beef mince
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 125g ricotta cheese, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 4 cups no added salt fresh tomato sauce or paste
- 1 leek, cut into thin strips
- 6 zucchinis, sliced into spaghetti using a mandolin or spiraliser
- 1 tsp olive oil
- black pepper
- squeeze of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine mince, garlic, onion, apple and carrot in a bowl, and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add ricotta, breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, egg and spices to the bowl and mix until well combined. Shape into meatballs and place into an ovenproof dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over meatballs and cover and bake for ten minutes. Remove lid and bake for a further 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the leek in a pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the zucchini and toss through for a few seconds until warm. Season spaghetti with a little lemon and black pepper, divide between serving plates and top with the meatballs.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley and a little grated parmesan.
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||2420.6 kJ (579 calories)|
Adapted from http://daa.asn.au/recipes/meatballs-with-spaghetti/
1 lb. Ground meat (I like turkey) any white low fat meat or left over stew works well.
1 box uncooked spaghetti noodles
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Cup Milk
1 Egg white
1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce Leggos no added salt
1 can diced Italian style tomatoes (Fresh if you have them)
3 egg whites
3 tabs milk
any other pizza toppings, you can add like Black olives, onions, green peppers, etc…
Boil water, add noodles.
Once noodles are cooked, drain and put in a casserole dish.
Brown meat in a separate frying pan.
In a separate bowl, combine milk & egg whites & whisk. Poor over pasta & add jar of sauce, can of tomatoes, garlic powder, ginger & oregano. Mix all together well.
On top of pasta mixture, lay the ground meat,
Bake in the oven at 350 (180) for 30 minutes.